Privacy Disclaimer: ProLabArt
LAST UPDATED SEPTEMBER 01, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Manuel Knott, University Passau (“company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at .
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? (#infocollect)
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION? (#infouse)
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE? (#infoshare)
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION? (#inforetain)
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE? (#infosafe)
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS? (#infominors)
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS? (#privacyrights)
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES (#DNT)
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS? (#caresidents)
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE? (#policyupdates)
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE? (#contact)
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
IN SHORT: University Passau, Manuel Knott, We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Apps (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
NAME AND CONTACT DATA. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
CREDENTIALS. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
PAYMENT DATA. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR APPS
_IN SHORT: __ __We may collect information regarding your__ mobile device, push notifications,_ when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we also collect the following information:
* _Mobile Device Access._ We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
* _Push Notifications. _We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
_IN SHORT: __We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, ___and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
_IN SHORT: __We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent._
We use personal information collected via our Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
* TO FACILITATE ACCOUNT CREATION AND LOGON PROCESS. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process.
* TO SEND ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION TO YOU. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
* REQUEST FEEDBACK. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Apps.
* TO ENABLE USER-TO-USER COMMUNICATIONS. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
* TO ENFORCE OUR TERMS, CONDITIONS AND POLICIES.
* TO RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS AND PREVENT HARM. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
_IN SHORT:__ We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations._
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis: * CONSENT: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
* LEGITIMATE INTERESTS: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
* PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
* LEGAL OBLIGATIONS: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
* VITAL INTERESTS: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
* BUSINESS TRANSFERS. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
* OTHER USERS. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Apps) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Apps, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Apps in perpetuity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Apps, and view your profile.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
_IN SHORT: __ We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures._
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
_IN SHORT:__ We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age._
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at .
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
_IN SHORT:__ In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time._
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details (#contact) provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
* Log into your account settings and update your user account.
OPTING OUT OF EMAIL MARKETING: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
* Contact us using the contact information provided.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
_IN SHORT: __ Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information._
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Apps. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems.
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
_IN SHORT: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws._
11. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Manuel Knott, by email at , or by post to:
Manuel Knott, University Passau
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: . We will respond to your request within 30 days.